The best Coconut Pound Cake

Do you love coconut?  Would you like to make The Best Coconut Pound Cake?  This has been a family favorite pound cake for over 30 years and one of my most requested recipes. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!!! I tried to capture its moistness and goodness in the photo!!! BTW I seem to enjoy taking  photo’s of food these days…. I have a lot to learn!!!

Coconut Pound Cake

1 c. Crisco oil

2 c. sugar

5 eggs

1 c. buttermilk

2 c. self rising flour

1 t. coconut extract

1 c. bakers coconut

Mix oil, sugar, eggs one at a time beating after each.

Add buttermilk, flour, coconut and extract

Bake in a bunt pan.

Bake 350 for 50-60 min in greased and floured pan

Start checking at 45 min. with toothpick.

If too done it drys out.

Glaze:

1 c. water

1 c. sugar

½ t. coconut extract or  coconut flavor

Boil for 1 minute.

When the cake comes out of the oven poke it with a sharp knife all over the top while it is still in the pan, pour hot glaze over the top ( I use a ¼ cup and gradually add glaze all over to make sure I cover all top parts of the cake)

While still in pan. Let sit for at least ½ hour.  Turn out cake. I usually take a knife and go all around the edges to make sure it will come out. (If you don’t grease and flour it well, it will stick)

Store cake in frig.  My favorite way to serve the cake is after it has been in the frig 24 hours and cold!!

I’m participating in tempt my tummy Tuesday!

and Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. says

Oooh, that picture looks sooo good! I love coconut and I love cake – a match made in heaven. I found you on Balancing Beauty and Bedlam and your picture jumped out at me!

2. says

I found you over at Tasty Tuesday and I have to be honest, your recipe was the first to catch my eye. You had me at coconut…I am always looking for a new coconut dessert. I will definitely be baking this.

Thanks
    Kristia

3. says

I Love coconut too!! Let me know how that oil works out, I’ve never tried it in the cake. It’s suppose to be better for you isn’t it?

4. says

Must.Try.This.SOON!!!

I found you via Balancing B & B’s Tasty Tuesday!! It looks WONDERFUL!!! Thank you for sharing!!

5. says

That looks so yummy!!!!! I wish I wasn’t the only one in this house that likes coconut. I need to find someone to share it with or I’ll eat it all. Maybe my older neighbor would join me for a slice or two……I can’t wait to make it!

6. says

I may have polished off half of a one by myself HeHe:) …given time I could probably do the whole thing.. but guess where it would show :)
    By the way it does freeze well!!!

7. Mary K. says

How would this work without the shredded coconut? My husband hates the texture of coconut, but loves the flavor. I think I’ll give this one a whirl! :)

8. says

I haven’t tried that but it seems like it might work…the cake might be just a bit smaller… let me know how it turns out and thanks for stopping by!

9. says

My mom and I made this coconut pound cake today. Awesome!!! It is moist, cooked in 45 minutes. Thanks for sharing.

10. Donna Maxwell says

I have spotted this recipe four different times today before finally caving in to give it a read…..I love coconut and I can’t wait to try it. Thanks for the great site!

11. says

Hi Rene~
    This looks amazing and so does the lemon loaf cake that you so sweetly wrapped up!
    I can’t wait for a reason to make these!
    Thanks for sharing.
    xx
    Your newest follower.
    Alison

12. sam says

hi! that looks absolutely delcicious. im definitely going to make this tomorrow! thanks for posting the recipe.

13. Andrea B. says

Hi there! Going to make this deliciousness for an upcoming Pinterest party that I am hosting! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe! A couple of questions though….is bakers coconut the same as shredded, sweetened coconut? And also the t. measurement is unfamiliar to me, do you mean tablespoon or teaspoon? Thanks again!

14. says

Hi Andrea!
    Yes, I believe the bakers Coconut is the same as shredded, sweetened coconut. Bakers is the brand name I use locally. I find it in the bakers isle of the grocery store. The small t. means teaspoon and the capital T. is tablespoon… That is the way we were taught in home ec.class years ago… lol I forgot not everybody was taught the same way. I hope you enjoy….remember… just don’t over bake and try and bake it the day before and store it in the frig overnight. I like to serve it cool. Also, I’m not looking at the recipe, but I have been making a recipe and a half of the clear syrup….just added tips.

15. Dorene says

I have an old bundt pan, I was just wondering… you said to glaze the top while still in the pan, when you turn the pan over to get the cake out isn’t the glaze then on the bottom? or do you turn the cake back over?