Coffee Filter wreath: tutorial

Many of you have already made a coffee filter wreath or seen a tutorial. This post is to encourage those

who haven’t given it a try. I made a white one and a beige one.   I was amazed at how nice they look!!.

This post shows the one I made with natural colored filters.

1. ) A wreath base. ( used a grapevine wreath with approx. a 12″ center opening.)

2.)  Low temp gluegun and low temp glue sticks

3.) 200 package of coffee filters …I used the larger size

I just added a dime size glue amount to the back of the filter, a pushed the center glued area on the wreath.

I held it there of a few seconds….being careful not to burn my fingers. It helps to put a bandaid over the end of

your fingers for protection.

Go all the way around the wreath…filling in any holes

You’ll end up with a nice full wreath….Perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

1. kathy w says

Thanks for posting how to do this type of wreath. I have been looking for a project to work on that wouldn’t be very expensive and would look great. You definitely found it for me.
    Thanks again and love your blog!

2. Jacque says

This is gorgeous and can’t wait to try it! Quick question;
    Do you fan the filters and work them one infront of the other or just push them straight on side by sie?

3. says

Hi Jacque, Thank you for your question. You just push them straight on. I try and get them kind of close, but I go back and spread the filters apart and add more where there are blank spaces. I hope that makes sense. Have fun and thank you for your sweet comment!

4. says

I found you on Pinterest and will be trying my hand at this asap! Great instructions; love, love, love the natural color too! And your tip about the bandaid is genius!!! Thanks for the tips and inspiration! jules

5. says

So glad you found me on Pinterest!
    I’m happy you found the instructions helpful.
    Ps. protecting your fingers is high priority!!
    Hope you love it!

6. Stephanie says

Love the wreath! I’m looking to do something new for my front door and wondered if you used yours outside and how it holds up in moisture. My doorway is covered, so it wouldn’t get wet directly, but it stays pretty moist here in Alabama. Thanks for the inspiration!

7. says

Thanks Stephanie! I’ve only used mine outdoors in Feb. for Valentine’s Day.
    I live in the snowy north, and my door is covered ,too.
    It held up perfect, but I didn’t have any moisture from dew.
    I’d say go for it. They are cheep to make.

8. Colleen says

Love this. Do you think I could dye the coffee filters? Have you tried doing them in different colors?

1. […] Coffee Filter Wreath […]